Eyeglasses for Orphans in Albania
May 31, 2021
– NGO Partner: Miresia Foundation
– Theme: Health/Education/Youth
– Location: Albania
– Date: June 2021
– Amount Raised: $3,481
– Additional Donations: $1,000 each from American Bank of Investments and IDRA Sh.P.K.
– Other Partners: Max Optika provided the Eye Glasses
– Description: Around 20% of children need glasses to be able to read a book, participate in a classroom, and perform basic needs, and in low-income communities across Albania, roughly 80% of the children who need eyeglasses do not have them. What chance does each of these children have to succeed in school, let alone break free from poverty? Eyeglasses for Orphans is an initiative from the Miresia Foundation that was launched in 2019 aiming to make sure every orphan in low-income communiti/es has the glasses he or she needs to succeed in school and life. Through this fundraiser, the GAF and Miresia provided 23 orphans with eyeglasses, free of charge.